- Title: Broad Light
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Sands National Mounument
- Nearest Town: White Sands New Mexico
- Brief Directions: Off White Sands National Monument's main road
- Notes: This shot goes with short light.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Taken at dusk at white sands. I used the same subject and approximate location as a picture I submitted entitled "short Light"taken of the same subject but at dawn. I wanted the broad light across the ripples. White Sands sand dunes offer short lighted ripples in the morning and broad light in the afternoon. Do to the prevailing winds in the northern hemisphere a lot of in land sand dunes, of course not all, have the slip side, steep side, on it's eastern flank.The same goes with the ripples but at a smaller scale. This makes for broad light in the late afternoon and short light in the morning. They each create their own feel.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 16-35mm 2.8L II , Manfrotto tripod, Hoya polarizor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 339 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!