Loop Drive, White Sands, Nm National Monument
Rodney V. Earle
- Title: Loop Drive, White Sands, Nm National Monument
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 70
- Nearest Town: White Sands, Las Cruces
- Brief Directions: Interstate 25 until you reach Las Cruces, which is just north of the Texas / New Mexico Border. East on Highway 70 past the White Sands Missile Range, approximately 60 miles until you reach the Monument. Take the Loop Drive.
- Notes: Shooting at White Sands plays havoc with the white balance on any camera. Dunes are very easy to climb, and a high vantage point is a must. The Loop Drive offers many interesting side roads and parks, with picnic facilities, shelters, and restrooms available in plentiful numbers. The plant life at White Sands is sporadic, yet interesting. Surrounded on all sides by distant mountains and beautiful blue skies, White Sands National Monument is worth the drive, warrants close inspection, and requires little hiking for the perfect photo opportunities.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: A light jacket if shooting after sundown, plenty of water, a fri
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1594 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!