White Sands National Monument + Full Moon
- Title: White Sands National Monument + Full Moon
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Las Cruces
- Brief Directions: From Alamogordo, NM:
Drive time: About 15 minutes
Head west on Highway US-70. The visitor center is located about 15 miles (24 km) west of Alamogordo on the north side (right-hand side) of the road.
From Las Cruces, NM:
Drive time: About 1 hour
Head east on Highway US-70 towards Alamogordo. The visitor center is located about 52 miles (84 km) east of Las Cruces on the north side (left-hand side) of the road, one mile past the Border Patrol station.
From El Paso, TX:
There are two ways to arrive at White Sands from El Paso.
Through Las Cruces:
Drive time: 1.5 hours.
1) Take I-10 West towards Las Cruces. After 39 miles, take exit on to I-25 North. Follow I-25 North for about 7 miles and then exit onto US-70 East towards Alamogordo. Drive for about 52 miles to the visitor center.
Drive time: 1.5 hours
2) Take US-54 East towards Alamogordo and drive about 82 miles. Then turn left onto US-70 West towards Las Cruces. The visitor center will be about 15 miles down on the right-hand side.
- GPS Longitude: 32
- GPS Latitude: 106
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: White Sands National Monument full moon is an other world experience to experience during your lifetime. A recent photography publication ranked White Sands #3 in their top 10 destinations to photograph. The following photograph was shot with a Canon EOS 60D with a 70-200mm IS f/2.8 Canon lens mounted to a Manfrotto tripod. Settings 200 mm,1/250, ISO 250 at f/2.8 Photograph Credit: Chris Lang
- Gear: Canon 60D, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 Lens, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 528 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!