Aguirre Springs Recreation Area
- Title: Aguirre Springs Recreation Area
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 70
- Nearest Town: Las Cruces
- Brief Directions: Take US 70 east from Las Cruces for 25 miles to the marked right turn for Aguirre Springs. Travel about 7 miles on a beautiful winding road through spectacular rock gardens to the recreation area.
- Notes: For spectacular views of the Organ Mountains, White Sands missle range and the Tularosa Basin, hike the moderate 4.5 mile Pine Tree loop trail that climbs to the base of the rugged Organ Mountains. You'll be surprised by the beautiful ponderosa pines in these desert mountains. The light is best early or late in the day when lower angles highlight the rugged and colorful terrain.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Sturdy boots, water, lightweight tripod, wide-angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1878 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!