Clearing Storm, Bosque Del Apache
Jay W. Smith
- Title: Clearing Storm, Bosque Del Apache
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Socorro
- Brief Directions: The turnoff to Bosque del Apache from Interstate 25 in mid New Mexico is about 10 miles south of the town of Socorro. After leaving the Interstate, you will enter the hamlet of San Antonio. The Refuge is about 8 miles south of San Antonio on a well marked road.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Bosque del Apaches National Wildlife Refuge is best known for its plethora of winter migrating Sandhill Cranes and Snow Geese. These birds feed in the nearby grain fields and return to the Bosque ponds to roost at night. This photograph was taken from the boardwalk on one of the ponds after the winter migration. The setting sun peaked through the clouds as a spring storm was clearing and provided the dramatic light.
- Gear: Nikon F100, Fuji Velvia film, Nikkor lens, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!