White Sands National Monument Dunes
- Title: White Sands National Monument Dunes
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Tularosa Basin
- Nearest Town: Alamogordo, NM
- Brief Directions: White Sands National Monument is approximately 16 miles southwest of Alamogordo New Mexico, which can be reached by heading south out of Santa Fe on Hwy 285, then south onto Hwy 54.
- Notes: Be sure to over-expose your photos by at least one stop so that your camera doesn't turn the bright white sand to a neutral gray.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Hikers are dwarfed in the bright white gypsum sand dune, which are interrupted by vegetation filled interdune flats as you look southwest to the San Andres mountains.
- Gear: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, EF-S 18-55 mm f3.5-5.6 zoom, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 721 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!