Mabel Working Hard For Some Money
- Title: Mabel Working Hard For Some Money
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hudson River Valley
- Nearest Town: East Greenbush
- Brief Directions: After speaking with Mable for a while and getting her ok, I stood in the Median taking about a dozen different portraits. I was very happy looking at them on my preview screen made her happy. Shot at appx 119mm(35mm equiv.)@1/400th f4.7, asa 200. manual white balance to balance artificial building lights with noon sun.and enhanced saturation to fully develop bright colors.
- Notes: A great experience, and statement on the graceful perseverance of the Black American Woman Worker.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Saw this Woman(Mabel)I came to befriend, while driving by a strip mall Tax preparation office. It was about 15 degrees F, with a bitter wind. They paid her minimum wage to stand outside for hours at a time wearing a Statue of Liberty costume, to drum up business. But Mable didn't let it get to her, she had smokes and hot coffee, and seemed to be freezing, but at the same time sincerely waving to people. Sad statement on the domination of labor in American Society. What you have to do for a buck.
- Gear: Panasonic DMC TZ-4
This Photo Has Been Viewed 95 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!