Harriman State Park, Autumn Color
- Title: Harriman State Park, Autumn Color
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Harriman State Park
- Nearest Town: There are many, including Harriman, New City, and Haverstraw
- Brief Directions: From the George Washington Bridge, first exit (Route 9W) to the Palisades Interstate Parkway north about 28 miles. Take the Park exit.
- Notes: Harriman State Park is the second-largest park in the NY parks system. It has 31 lakes and reservoirs, 200 miles of hiking trails, swimming and camping, miles of streams and scenic roads, and scores of wildlife species, vistas and vantage points, and is a short drive up the Hudson from New York City. Also in the area, Bear Mountain State Park and West Point Military Academy.
- GPS Longitude: -74.101
- GPS Latitude: 41.238
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The mid-morning light was just "right" here as I drove into the park one recent October. Quickly parked and set up the tripod by this roadside forest scene.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikon 12~24mm and 18~200mm zooms, polarizer, Velbon tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1088 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!