Blue Ridge Pinnacle
- Title: Blue Ridge Pinnacle
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Asheville, North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Black Mountain
- Brief Directions: Blue Ridge Parkway near Mount Mitchell
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This particular vantage is one of my favorites; never crowded and never easy to reach, the pinnacle trail is less than one mile in length but climbs a considerable vertical gainer (something like five-hundred feet or so in less than a mile) without any meandering or mercy. It is said in the little bit that I've been able to find online about this trail that the pinnacle is either the second or the fourt highest peak in the Blue Ridge front and definitely the highest peak in McDowell County. The view looks away from Yancey County and the Black Mountains to the north and out towards McDowell County and the Great Craggy Mountains (would be to the right of this frame) to the south. The solitude and grand view of this pinnacle makes this one of, if not the favorite, of the many day-hikes that I've explored in this area.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 214 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!