Cape Hatteras Fishing Pier, Frisco, North Carolina
- Title: Cape Hatteras Fishing Pier, Frisco, North Carolina
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Nearest Town: Frisco
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The North Carolina Fishing Pier Society (NCFPS) reported on their website that as of 1996 there were thirty-two public fishing piers in North Carolina; in the year 2001 there were twenty-five; and today there are only twenty, nineteen of which are fishable. The one "unfishable" pier in that report is the Frisco Pier pictured above which has been closed for a number of years due to hurricane and storm damage. The majority of the other disappearing piers are being sold as a result of extremely lucrative coastal real estate values coupled with the rising operational costs of maintaining a structure that is exposed to extremely harsh environmental conditions.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!