Boone Fork Creek Cascade
- Title: Boone Fork Creek Cascade
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Boone
- Nearest Town: Blowing Rock
- Brief Directions: Blue Ridge Parkway near Grandfather Mountain
- Description: Boone Fork is approachable, small and intimate, loaded with small cascades and details, surrounded by beautiful trees and forests, and crossed by artfully built wooden bridges. Descending directly from the peaks of Grandfather Mountain, Boone Fork Creek, a headwater stream for the Watauga River, is known for its exceptional water quality. The Conservation Trust for North Carolina (CTNC) quotes Boone Fork Creek as "the only stream in the entire Watauga River Basin that is classified as 'Outstanding Resource Waters.'" The North Carolina Division of Water Quality backs this up by classifying the water quality of Boone Fork Creek as "excellent."
- Gear: Nikon D200, Nikkor 12-24mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 228 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!