Black Mountains Landscape
- Title: Black Mountains Landscape
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Asheville, North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Black Mountain
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Black Mountains, home of six out of ten of the tallest peaks in the Eastern United States, including the tallest peak, Mount Mitchell at roughly 6,700 feet of elevation, are a sight to behold. Typically viewed from Mount Mitchell State Park or the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Black Mountains are seen here from Blue Ridge Pinnacle just outside of the protected Asheville Watershed area and the Swannanoa Valley to the left. Named for the dark and contrasting colors of the spruce and fir trees, the Black Mountains are one of only ten or so "spruce-fir islands" left in the Southern Appalachian Mountains; these areas are often referred to on informational signs and pamplets as Boreal or Canadian ecosystems.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 177 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!