- Title: Whitewater Falls
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Jocassee Gorge area of Western North Carolina, near South Carolina border
- Nearest Town: Sapphire, NC
- Brief Directions: From Sapphire, NC, drive south on Hwy 281 about 8 miles to marked turnoff to fee parking area of Nantahala National Forest- paved walkway to first overlook, then 146 steps to lower viewing deck
- Notes: fall colors best about October 20th; rainbow best in early afternoon after sun crosses over treeline
- GPS Longitude: 82
- GPS Latitude: 35
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Whitewater Falls, tallest waterfall east of the Mississippi, with rainbow, autumn colors in leaves
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III Manfroto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 309 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!