- Title: Organized Chaos
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shining Rock Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Asheville
- Brief Directions: From Asheville, take the Blue Ridge Parkway South to milepost 420, where a paved forest service road leads to the parking area.
- Notes: Shining Rock Wilderness offers many various photo opportunities, from the summit balds to the creeks and waterfalls in adjoining Graveyard Fields.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Just below the summit of Black Balsam, one of the mountain balds in Shining Rock Wilderness, is a forest of Balsams. During mid-day I found the sun streaking through these and highlighting the thick yet bare branches, creating a very interesting abstract pattern.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 24-105L, Manfrotto tripod & ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 48 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!