- Title: Dry Falls
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cullasaja River Gorge
- Nearest Town: Highlands
- Brief Directions: From Highlands, North Carolina take U.S. 64 toward Franklin for three miles. The entrance to the parking lot is on the left. There is a small fee for using the trail.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Dry Falls is about 65' tall and flows from the Cullasaja River in the Cullasaja River Gorge. It is called Dry Falls because you can walk behind it, though you may not stay dry. It is one of my favorite waterfalls. I got there too late as most of the trees had dropped their leaves, but there was still a little color left.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 24-120 lens, Gitzo Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 146 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!