Roan Highlands Ancient Appalachian Mountains Dressed In Spring Green
- Title: Roan Highlands Ancient Appalachian Mountains Dressed In Spring Green
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Western North Carolina / Eastern Tennessee
- Description: The Roan Highlands are quite simply the most beautiful area of the Southern Appalachians that I've visited. It's that simple. The world's largest natural Rhododendron gardens and longest stretches of grassy balds, the Roan Highlands delight the eyes with views that are spectacular in every direction, including on the ground with rare wild flowers and lush green colors. Grassy Ridge is the third of a series of balds accessed by parking at Carver's Gap, Tennessee and hiking the Appalachian Trail up and over Round Bald and Jane's Bald. The trail work comes in at around five miles or so round trip with some moderate elevation change between the balds. Budget a good amount of time to explore though, as the Roan Highlands offer hours upon hours of scenery to enjoy!
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II; Canon 16-35mm f2.8; RRS Tripod & Support Accessories
This Photo Has Been Viewed 8256 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!