- Title: Vanishing
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cataloochee (Great Smoky Mts. National Park)
- Nearest Town: Cove Creek
- Brief Directions: Exit 20 off of interstate 40 in North Carolina. Go less than a mile and turn right where you see the sign for Cataloochee. A narrow paved road becomes gravel and winds down into this beautiful valley.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is a bull elk in the Cataloochee area of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The elk have been re-established there by the National Park service. This is about an hour before dusk and there was a bit of fog which the elk was walking into until he disappeared. The title refers to this and also to the need for our precious wildlife to be protected, or they will vanish. Even though they live in a protected area the elk here are still being poached.
- Gear: Nikon D700 D, Nikkor 80-400, Gitzo Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 270 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!