Land Of Waterfalls
- Title: Land Of Waterfalls
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 276
- Nearest Town: Brevard
- Brief Directions: From I26 in Asheville, North Carolina Take NC 280 (exit 40)West approximately 16 miles to US 276. Turn right on US 276 and enter the Pishah National Forest.
- Notes: US 276 parallels the Davidson River deep into the Pisgah National Forest. Along this route are numerous waterfalls ranging from easy roadside viewing to more strenuous hikes of several miles. My favorites are Looking Glass Falls, easily the largest and most photographed in the area and Slick Rock Falls reached by a short venture off 276 onto Forest Service Road 475B. The staff at the local Ranger Station (on 276 less than a mile into the National Forest) are always friendly and eager to help with directions to the falls and the conditions you may find once you get there. See http://www.visitwaterfalls.com/ for more information and trip planning information.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, Cable release, Polarizing filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 771 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!