- Title: Slither Away, My Friend
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Looking Glass Rock
- Nearest Town: Brevard
- Brief Directions: http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/catgaphorsecove_0000.asp
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I stumbled across this Garter snake while hiking on the Cat's Gap Creek trail with several others in May. It was such a beauty, and a rare one to capture up close, so I took as many close-ups as I could without trying to startle it, before settling on this image for submission. There are more accounts of people stumbling across Timber Rattlesnakes and Copperheads in the same region, which made this a more fortunate case as far as hiking the trail was concerned.(Photo by Jeffrey DeCristofaro of Desert Eye Productions)
- Gear: Kodak EasyShare
This Photo Has Been Viewed 190 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!