- Title: Turbulence & Symmetry
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: DuPont State Forest
- Nearest Town: Brevard
- Brief Directions: US 276 South out of Brevard
Left on Cascade Lake Rd
Right on Station Rd.
Parking lot is on left.
Hooker Falls and High Falls are also nearby.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Triple Falls on the Little River in DuPont State Forest has emerged as one of my favorite waterfalls. The 125 ft. falls is separated in 3 distinct tiers giving it the impression that it's size is much larger. On this particular late spring trip we arrived mid-morning and the cloud conditions were perfect for waterfall photography, unfortunately there were a great many folks around the falls, by time the people had cleared out the sun had popped out making long exposures on the falls difficult. I noticed that a section of the falls on the lower tier was shaded from the sun which lead to this dramatic bright and low light composition. Triple Falls is featured in the film Last Of The Mohicans.
- Gear: Olympus E-5, 14 - 55 mm lens, Tiffen HT 1.2 ND Filter, Tiffen Circular Polerizer, Tiltall Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 352 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!