Glen Helen Nature Preserve
- Title: Glen Helen Nature Preserve
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Dayton Yellow Springs Road
- Nearest Town: Yellow Springs
- Brief Directions: From Dayton take Route 35 east to I-675. Head north to Dayton Yellow Springs Rd exit. Go east to town of Yellow Springs, take Limestone St. to Corry St. to Glen Helen entrance.
- Notes: Glen Helen is a nature preserve of about 1000 acres in which all wildlife, vegetation, and rock formations are protected. It includes several miles of hiking trails, two scenic creeks, an attractive waterfalls known as the "Cascades", and many limestone rock formations. Although winter is my favorite time of year to take photos in Glen Helen, spring (many varieties of wildflowers) and fall (great leaf color) are also well worth a visit.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: Rugged comfortable footware, sturdy tripod, warm outerware
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1919 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!