- Title: November Moonrise
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hocking Hills State Park
- Nearest Town: Logan
- Brief Directions: From Columbus take State Route 33 southeast to the Logan exit, go west on 180 into the Park.
- Notes: Keeping an eye on weather conditions is key to capturing beautiful images in Hocking Hills. The streams and waterfalls run best after a day or two of rain but can dry-up fairly quickly.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Hocking Hills State Park in Southeastern Ohio is well known for its sandstone gorges, open caves and waterfalls, but what I particularly like are the scenic views of the autumn sky from the hilltops. Especially during autumn when the sunset sky goes into magical colors. This November moonrise was captured on the hilltop behind the Inn at Cedar Falls.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark II, Canon 28-70mm f2.8 L, Kirk Ballhead, Bogen 3021 tripod, HDR in Photomatix Pro
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1081 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!