April Sunrise In Hocking Hills Ohio
- Title: April Sunrise In Hocking Hills Ohio
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio
- Nearest Town: Logan
- Brief Directions: South from Columbus, Ohio on State Route 33. Take exit at Lake Logan and follow 664 to 374 and then left on Ilesboro Road, which follows along Queer Creek
- Notes: April through May and October through November are my favorite times to visit Hocking Hills. I consider this area to be the most scenic to be found in Ohio. My first trip was in 1980 and I return at least three times each year. The Hemlock-filled gorges, waterfalls and mist-filled hollows have a mystical quality about them, attracting artists from all over Ohio and beyond. In winter the sandstone gorges and waterfalls fill with amazing ice formations.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Sunrise between the hollows of Hocking Hills State Park in Southeastern Ohio, on the edge of the Appalachian Mountains, taken on a Sunday morning in mid-April. This is a rural scene that includes Queer Creek, which feeds nearby Cedar Falls. The name of the creek is from early settlers of the area who noticed that the creek actually flows in the opposite direction of the other creeks and streams in the Hocking Hills area. What makes this image so unique is the morning mist that has filled the hollows and valleys of Hocking Hills, very common during spring.
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon 28-70 2.8 L, Kirk L-Bracket and Ballhead, Bogen 3021 tripod, wet weather gear and sturdy hiking boots are a must.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1541 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!