- Title: Collard Lizard
- State/Province/Region: Oklahoma
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Lawton
- Brief Directions: The Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge is located just to the northwest of the Lawton/Fort Sill area of Oklahoma.
- Notes: This is one of my favorite places to visit. Each season has its own personality. Summers are usually very hot, but spring, autumn and winter are nice. The refuge is off the beaten path, so most people, except for locals, are not familiar with it. The park manages herds of bison, elk, and longhorn cattle, but other wildlife is also abundant.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a male collared lizard in spring breeding colors.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 70-200mm F/4 L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1768 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!