American Bison And Sparrow
- Title: American Bison And Sparrow
- State/Province/Region: Oklahoma
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Lawton
- Brief Directions: Wichital Mountains National Wildlife Refuge is located just to the northwest of the Lawton/Fort Sill area of Oklahoma.
- Notes: I have visited this refuge many times over the years. It's one of my favorite places because it is off the beaten path. It's a popular site among the locals, but most people in the rest of the country are not aware that Oklahoma has such a varied landscape. The park manages herds of Bison, Elk, and Longhorn Cattle, but the "island" ecosystem provides a home for many other species of plants and animals found nowhere else in the state.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: An icon of the American plains, this Bison is sunning himself on the prairie grassland. A Sparrow (probably a Field Sparrow, but I can't be certain) performs the symbiotic task of ridding his host of insects.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 70-200mm F/4 L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1624 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!