Prairie Earth Trail, Tallgrass Prairie Preserve
- Title: Prairie Earth Trail, Tallgrass Prairie Preserve
- State/Province/Region: Oklahoma
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 60
- Nearest Town: Pawhuska
- Brief Directions: From Pawhuska, travel north on Kihekah Street for about 15 miles on a well-graded country road, following signs for the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. The parking area for the Prairie Earth Trail is a few hundred yards before the Preserve Headquarters.
- Notes: The Prairie Earth trail winds through tallgrass prairie and a section of gallery woods. The highest point, the Promontory, affords a view of an ocean of tallgrass under an endless sky.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tick repellant and sunscreen
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1138 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!