Devils Elbow & Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset
- Title: Devils Elbow & Heceta Head Lighthouse Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Oregon Coast
- Nearest Town: Florence/Yachats
- Brief Directions: Hwy 101 north of Florence or south of Yachats. The best vantage point is on the Cape Creek bridge just before it enters the tunnel. Park on the north side of the bridge -- there is a walkway on the bridge!
- Notes: Winter is the best time here. The light is dramatic between storms and the fog is at a minimum.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I was driving home from Newport, Oregon to my home in Florence when this sunset appeared out of the winter sky just as I was passing the lighthouse. I parked at the north end of the bridge and walked across it until I found the perfect angle to catch the sunset and the lighthouse. Right place and right time!
- Gear: Canon EOS 3; 28-135 IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1252 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!