Sea Stacks At Sunset
- Title: Sea Stacks At Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Oregon Coast
- Nearest Town: Bandon
- Brief Directions: Several Bandon beaches boast sea stack formations, but the best one for photography is the beach opposite the Sunset Motel. There is no parking right at the beach, unless you stay at the motel. Then you can use their parking lot. if not, you'll have to park a bit away and hike back to this beach.
- Notes: Bring your ND grad filters with you to balance the light in sky and terrain at sunset if you hope to combine those deep rich sunset colors in the sky and any detail along the shore. Or, alternatively, take multiple exposures and combine them later in post-processing to get the best light in the sky and some detail in terrain. Don't try to bring detail into the stacks, however. They are great as silhouetted shapes.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The sea stacks off Bandon Beach are, in my opinion, the most photogenic along the Oregon Coast. A great time to catch them is at sunset, as silhouettes with a background of sunset colors in the sky.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II/ Really right Stuff Tripod & Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 125 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!