Smith Rock In Dawn Light
- Title: Smith Rock In Dawn Light
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Oregon
- Nearest Town: Terrebonne
- Brief Directions: Three miles east of Terrebonne, Oregon.
- Notes: The rhyolite rock formations look very different in harsh mid-day light. The best time to photograph them is at dawn, when the first rays of the sun illuminates the formation and brings out the amazing colors in them.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Smith Rock is the remnant of a volcano that erupted eons ago. Today it is a mecca for technical climbers. The Crooked River flows through Smith Rock State Park.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II/ Really Right Stuff Tripod & Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 101 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!