- Title: Cloudcap Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crater Lake National Park
- Nearest Town: Klamath
- Brief Directions: After passing through Annie Spring Entrance, drive about 2 miles, make a right just before Park Headquaters"Steel Visitor Center" on to East Rim Road, countinue about another 10 to 12 miles and follow signs for Cloudcap Overlook
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Inspired from a back issue of OP, article "The Season Of Solitude" photo's from Marc Adamus. The opening photo of Crater Lake, I felt myself being drawn to it and so I added Crater Lake to this years trip. I was there for 3 days and this was the only cloud in the sky. I guess a cloud is better than none and if you look closely you can see the Phantom Ship on the left of the lake. The awe and beauty of Crater Lake cannot really be felt in a photo, well at least not my photo's. Waking up early and feeling the morning chill while waiting for the sun to come up over the Crater wall, Im missing that feeling already and its only been a couple of weeks.....
- Gear: Canon 7d, 24-105mm, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 380 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!