Wizard Island Reflection
- Title: Wizard Island Reflection
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Diamond Lake Rec. Area, Cascade Mountains
- Nearest Town: Roseburg, Medford, Klamath Falls
- Brief Directions: from Roseburg, hwy 138 east. From Medford, hwy 62, and from K.Falls hwy 97 north to hwy 62 west
- Notes: the north entrance from hwy 138 is closed in winter due to heavy snow. one must take hwy 230 southwest, then east on hwy 62 to south entrance. Even the road to the south rim can be closed due to snowstorms. Rim drive is not opened until sometime in June.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Wizard Island is reflected in the deep blue, glass smooth, waters of Crater Lake, in the National Park by the same name. Taken from the south rim in early April. I was standing on about 11 feet of snow.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-55mm, bogen3021 tripod w/ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 971 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!