View Of The Vista House
- Title: View Of The Vista House
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
- Nearest Town: Corbett
- Brief Directions: From Portland take I-84 east to the Corbett exit. Turn left at the top of the hill onto the Historic Highway, go east approximately a mile past the town of Corbett, enter the view point parking area on the left.
The Vista House is located a few miles to the east on the old Highway. It is currently closed for repairs (12-15-12) but is scheduled to re-open early 2013.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Late autumn photo of the Vista House taken in mid-December. The Vista House sits atop Crown Point on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge. The Vista House was completed in 1918. It is located on the old Historic Columbia River Highway just east of the town of Corbett. The photo was taken from the Portland Women's Forum State Viewpoint and is looking east.
- Gear: Nikon D5100 with an 18-55mm kit lens at 55mm.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 363 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!