Ominous Clouds At Columbia River Bar
- Title: Ominous Clouds At Columbia River Bar
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Columbia River Maratime Museum
- Nearest Town: Astoria
- Brief Directions: Columbia River Maritime Museum
1792 Marine Drive
Astoria, Oregon, 97103
- Notes: f/16, 1/250 sec., ISO 500, 18mm, Auto white balance.
This photo was taken during Spring Break, 3/31/2012.
I converted it to Black and White in Phtotshop CS5 and made some adjustments in Photoshop.
- GPS Longitude: -123.8234077
- GPS Latitude: 46.1899427
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this photo at the Maritime Museum in Astoria, Oregon, where the Columbia River flows into the Pacific Ocean at the Columbia Bar. The Columbia Bar is one of the most dangerous in the world; there have been hundreds of shipwrecks in it over the years. In this photo I made the clouds dominate the scene to express a sense of impending danger and foreboding. The ships on the horizon and Columbia River, although huge themselves were kept smaller to give the sense of danger from the weather. In this scene it is unknown whether the ships are merely waiting for their next freight to be loaded, or whether they are waiting for the danger of a storm to subside.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon DX 18-55 AF Lens, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 248 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!