Cape Arago Crevasse Ii
- Title: Cape Arago Crevasse Ii
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape Arago State Park
- Nearest Town: Coos Bay
- Brief Directions: From Coos Bay Oregon along Highway 101, follow signs to head west toward the ocean and the town of Charleston. From Charleston, head west out the beach drive where Cape Arago and Shore Acres State Park can be found.
- GPS Longitude: -124.4021
- GPS Latitude: 43.3068
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Cape Arago State Park contains the jutting headland of "Cape Arago". This section of the coast of Oregon has unique crevasses and sandstone formations. The waves rush into these fissures and crash into shallow caverns with a thunderous noise. The rocky shelf here can be very dangerous as the waves can suddenly engulf areas previously dry for an hour. Never turn your back on the sea. In December and January, gray whales cruise by. At times Orcas can be seen near the rocky shelf hunting for sea lions and seals.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK III, Lee 0.9 ND Hard Grad, Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 155 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!