- Title: Winding Waters
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Northeastern Oregon
- Nearest Town: Joseph
- Brief Directions: Take Interstate 84 to Lagrande, OR, and exit onto Highway 72 towards Wallowa Lake State Park.
- Notes: This is one the most incredibly scenic areas in the Pacific Northwest!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Prairie Creek in the Wallowa Valley of Eastern Oregon. The word Wallowa means "Land of Winding Waters" in the Nez Perce language. This is the homeland that Chief Joseph and his people were driven from in the epic and tragic story of The Nez Perce War.
- Gear: Canon 30D, 17-35mm f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 834 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!