- Title: Santiam Summer
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Santiam Lake-Mt. Jefferson Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Detroit
- Brief Directions: From the Detroit Ranger Station District, take the Duffy Lake Trailhead. Santiam Lake is about 5.5 miles in, and is past Duffy Lake. Both lakes offer summer swimming with views of Three-Fingered Jack. Mt. Jefferson is to the North, and not visible much on this trail.
- Notes: Processed RAW in Lightroom and selective contrast adjustments in Photoshop CS3.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: A break in a chain of afternoon thunderstorms provided a subtle, colorful glow on the clouds over Three-fingered Jack. I framed this photo using the S-curve of the reeds and the lush Santiam Lake shoreline as foreground, and leading back around to the mountain and sky.
- Gear: Canon EOS 20D : Tokina 12-24mm f/4 DX : SLIK 330DX : Hitech 1-Stop Soft GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 818 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!