Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
- Title: Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: I-84
- Nearest Town: Portland is the nearest major city
- Brief Directions: From Portland, go east on I-84 to the Troutdale exit. Then follow the Historic Columbia River Highway east.
- Notes: Early spring offers less leaves and more views. Colors are more saturated from the misty rain. But many trails are not yet open. Summer has more foliage and some views are more limited. Autumn offers the fall colors. Waterfalls in the Gorge are too numerous to name them all. Some you can see from the highway and crowded parking areas. Others you have to hike the well-groomed trails. Pictured here are Latourel Falls (handicapped accessible), Fairy Falls (Wahkeenah trail), and Triple Falls. The final photo is Metlako Falls from the Eagle Creek Trail further east along I-84--one of many falls along that trail.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: 28-80mm zoom. Timed shutter release mode camera.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 565 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!