- Title: Awakening Serenade
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Bend
- Brief Directions: Downtown Bend
- Notes: Go to http://www.scenicvistaphotography.com to view this image full screen or to view other Central Oregon landscape photos.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I wanted an image that captures the beauty of my hometown in one shot. The great outdoors in my backyard. I set up my tripod at the east end of Mirror Pond on the Deschutes River, downtown Bend before sunrise and hoped for a light wind, no clouds and soft lighting on the autumn colored trees. What I got was so much more. As I was waiting for the perfect light, I heard the honking of a flock of Canada geese navigating the winding river. Not realizing that there were 17 geese on final approach to the smooth water, I started shooting as they flew overhead. This one image out of many, captured everthing I was envisioning in my mind.
- Gear: Nikon D40x, Nikon 18-200mm, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 551 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!