Somewhere Under The Rainbows
- Title: Somewhere Under The Rainbows
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Jefferson Wilderness Area
- Nearest Town: Sisters
- Brief Directions: From Sisters take Hwy 20 across Santiam Pass to Hwy 22. Drive 12.7 miles from the Santiam Y Junction. Near milepost 69, turn on Straight Creek road. Follow signs to Coffin Mountain trailhead.
- Notes: Go to www.scenicvistaphotography.com to view this image full screen or to view other Central Oregon landscape photos.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Amazing wildflower display backed by snow covered Cascade peaks. Vast meadows of white Beargrass blooms, Indian Paintbrush, purple Lupine and Cascade Lily flowers. Caught in an afternoon thunderstorm, with lightning striking all around the mountain top meadow, the ultimate rainbow appeared ending at Oregon's 2nd highest peak, Mt. Jefferson.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 24-85mm, Nikon Polarizer Filter, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 314 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!