Cragsman's Crowning Glory
- Title: Cragsman's Crowning Glory
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Smith Rock State Park
- Nearest Town: Terrebonne
- Brief Directions: Six miles north of Redmond, turn off Hwy 97 at Terrebonne and follow "Smith Rock State Park" signs east for 3.3 miles.
- Notes: Go to www.scenicvistaphotography.com to view this image full screen or to view other Central Oregon landscape photos.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Sunrise at Oregon's renowned rock-climbing area, this state park challenges mountaineers with 3 miles of rhyolite cliffs and Monkey Face, a 300 foot tall natural rock sculpture overhanging on all sides. The Crooked River meanders through the park ensuring an abundance of wildlife and hikers. Through Asterisk Pass, snow capped Mt. Jefferson stands out as the 2nd highest peak in Oregon.
- Gear: Nikon D40x, 18-200mm, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 520 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!