- Title: Lower Kentucky Falls
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Siuslaw National Forest
- Nearest Town: Mapleton
- Brief Directions: Located off of HWY 126 deep in the Siuslaw National Forest. This area is NOT easy to find and the details are too complicated for me to list here. I went to one of the forest service locations (Florence, OR) and they provided a great, mile by mile right on the money map. Once you exit HWY 126 it is about 16 miles to the trailhead but it takes about an hour drive time to get there. The narrow roads are a combination of paved and rock and very winding. Take your time, the falls are not going anywhere.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Located at the end of a wonderful 2 mile hike. On the way you will pass beautiful "Upper Kentucky Falls". The trail is well kept. There is an elevation change of 800 feet, It took me 45 minutes in and one hour out. There is a fine viewing platform at the end of the trail but you'll want to bring some footwear that you can take into the water to gain better photo angles. You'll also need a cloth to keep your lens free of mist. It takes a bit of effort to get here but well worth it.
- Gear: Tripod, hiking boots, water shoes, rain gear
This Photo Has Been Viewed 292 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!