- Title: Solitary
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape kiwanda
- Nearest Town: Pacific city
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Spent sundown at seal rocks taking pics and then spent a bit driving up to cape kiwanda to see if i could get any good night shots, I could see the clouds were starting to take over the sky. It was about 10:30 and pitch black on the beach, except for some people having a little party about 100 ydssouth of me. About 10 seconds into this shot someone turned on the headlights in their car for about 2 seconds. I was thinking man that is going to mess up the shot, what it ended up doing was illuminatinghe beach very well without blowing out everything else. I am not a huge fan of clouds in night shots but on this one i really liked them, They weren't to in the way of the milky way and it kind of looks to me like the sky is fighting for the night. This was a 20 second exposure at 1.6, iso 1600. Contrast and noise reduction in photoshop.
- Gear: Canon 5d mark 2, canon 24 1.4 mark 2
This Photo Has Been Viewed 248 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!