Low North Falls Of Silver Creek In Autumn
- Title: Low North Falls Of Silver Creek In Autumn
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Silver Creek Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Silverton
- Brief Directions: "From Interstate 5 exit 253 in Salem, drive 10 miles east on North Santiam Highway 22, turn left at a sign for Silver Falls Park, and follow Highway 214 for 16 miles to the park entrance sign at South Falls.
Coming from the north, exit Interstate 5 at Woodburn and follow Highway 214 southeast through Silverton 30 miles. "
- Notes: At the time these pictures were taken my equipment was less than ideal. I have since upgraded to a more worthy kit, however I have been unable to return to Silver Creek Falls as I have been living in Arizona and Colorado. While the picture may not be the best the location most certainly is, and I feel the picture turned out well given the limitations of the equipment used.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Silver Creek Falls State Park in Oregon was always one of my favorite places to spend my day when I was younger. One cannot help but feel both awe and serenity as they walk through the 'Fern-Gully'-like forest surrounded by massive, ancient trees and the dominating roar of giant waterfalls.
The 'Ten-Falls' trail within the park lives up to it's name well. Traversing the 8 mile path will give you the opportunity to walk behind numerous waterfalls of impressive size and beauty as the trail has been carved into the stone beneath 2 of the largest waterfalls. Each of the 10 falls is unique and worthy of hours of photo taking, as is the lush, awe-inspiring forest they flow through.
- Gear: Nikon Coolpix 5400, steady hand, hiking shoes.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 478 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!