- Title: Silver Thread Falls
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Dingman's Falls National Park
- Nearest Town: Dingman's Ferry, PA
- Brief Directions: At the end of a 1-mile approach road off Johnny Bee Road, off PA Rt. 209 near milepost 14, just south of the traffic light at PA Routes 209 & 739 in Dingmans Ferry PA.
- Notes: There's a boardwalk that cuts through the woods at the base of Dingman's Falls. To get to the top of the falls, there is a steep staircase of 240 steps. The can be slippery when wet, and there are only a few places to stop and catch your breath. (these spots are usually full of photographers). So, if you have a medical condition, you may want to refrain from the staircase.
- Description: Part of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, the Dingman's Falls is a popular attraction. Silverthread flows through a narrow fissure and seems more geometric than Dingman's Falls.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 96 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!