Purple Dead Nettle
- Title: Purple Dead Nettle
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Susquehanna River Valley
- Nearest Town: Northumberland
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Spring has not been very forth coming in the east, so early spring wildflowers have been hard to find. I came across a side hill covered in Purple Dead Nettle. It was a nice carpet of purple lavender, but I found a close-up of the small plant to be much more interesting. The purplish leaves are intricate and hairy and the flowers are delicate and tubular. Not knowing what this was called, I researched this on the internet and discovered this plant is considered a herb that is edible with medicinal properties. Wow, pretty and useful!
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T2i, Canon 18-55mm zoom lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 129 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!