- Title: Steel Mill Sub Car
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Carrie Furnace National Historic Area
- Nearest Town: Rankin, PA
- Notes: 1/25 sec, f16, ISO 200, 26mm, tripod
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The submarine car was used to transport molten steel. They were lined with brick and have an oval shaped hole in the center where the steel was poured. The Carrie Furnace of the USS Homestead Works is being developed as a national historic site. It is a black and white photographers dream and is available to photograph during limited times.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 14-24mm f2.8, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 383 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!