Frankfort Mineral Springs
- Title: Frankfort Mineral Springs
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Raccoon Creek State Park
- Nearest Town: Hookstown
- Brief Directions: Raccoon Creek State Park is located at 3000 State Route 18 in Hookstown, PA, Beaver County, west of Pittsburgh.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The historic Frankfort Mineral Springs, site of a nationally known health spa during the 1800’s, is located in the Park. The area once attracted thousands of visitors who believed in the “healing powers” of mineral water, until it was destroyed by fire in 1932. Although the flow of spring water has diminished, many believe the water still retains “medicinal” properties. The stream bed trail abounds with wildflowers in season, and in the winter the grotto displays beautiful ice formations. Trails are open year-round from 8 A.M. to sunset.
- Gear: Tripod, Wide-angle Lens, ND Filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 4747 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!