- Title: Purgatory To Sea
- State/Province/Region: Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Newport County
- Description: The coastline of Downeast Maine, Maine, and Rhode Island offers treasure troves of porphyritic granite rich with pegmatite and quartz veins intersecting metavolcanic rock. These, along with abundant conglomerates such as this at Purgatory Chasm leave me in awe of the 550 million year old story unfolding before our eyes. We are guided when young to understand their permanence, but really this is a living metamorphosing tale. Makes the instants we consider hours laughably insignificant...a study in quiet patience to sense more than the surface immediately apparent. Photography, meditation close at hand.
- Gear: Sigma DP3 Merrill, Singh-Ray soft ND, foot line stabilizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 86 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!