Fred Benson And Kid's Beach
- Title: Fred Benson And Kid's Beach
- State/Province/Region: Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Fred Benson Beach & Kid's Beach
- Nearest Town: New Shoreham
- Brief Directions: Take a ferry ride from either New London, CT, Point Judith, RI or Newport, RI and arrive in Old Harbor, New Shoreham.
You will see the beach as you enter port.
Walk north along the beach and pick your spot!
- Notes: Block Island has miles and miles of beach, and all of it is public access. There are no private beaches on the entire island.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: There is a debate about the best time to visit Block Island, the small isolated island located 13 miles south off the coast of Rhode Island. In summer it's population swells and it becomes a bustling tourist location, but in autumn the town quiets, the days are still warm, and the entire atmosphere changes.
Here on Kid's Beach, the southern end of Fred Benson Beach located near the port of Old Harbor, dusk provides a new lighting perspective of pale colors and calm tones. While this beach is overflowing with beach-goers in the summer time, it's a sparse and quiet landscape in the off season.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 184 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!