Wild Flowers Near Cormorant Cove
- Title: Wild Flowers Near Cormorant Cove
- State/Province/Region: Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cormorant Cove
- Nearest Town: New Shoreham
- Brief Directions: Take a ferry ride to Block Island from either Montauck, Long Island, NY, New London, CT, Point Judith, RI, or Newport, RI.
Take a local taxi to any of the nature preserves on the island, but for this one you can go down Champlin Road to access Cormorant Cove.
Walk around and enjoy the beauty!
- Description: Block Island is full of nature preserves and walking trails. Many locations are accessible by car or a short hike. Sometimes we're so busy looking at the beautiful vistas we forget the beauty beneath our feet.
This was taken on Block Island, the remote island located 13 miles south off the coast of Rhode Island, but you wouldn't know it. Captured in a field part of historic farmland, these wild flowers captured my attention in the soft morning light. I captured them with a shallow depth of field to add a little abstraction and isolate their simple beauty.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 182 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!